Senior .Net Developer - Moonpig
We are here to make someone’s day brilliant! Our goal is to make 20 million amazing moments by 2020, and we’re looking for creative, collaborative people to help us build an awesome platform to make that happen.
Who are we?
Moonpig cards have been landing on the doorsteps of UK households for well over fifteen years. From our humble beginnings back in the year 2000, we now have over 5 million regular customers. As well as the cards which made our name, we also sell flowers and a growing range of gifts.
Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group. With brands located in the UK, France, Spain and Germany, the Photobox Group is the largest personalisation business in Europe.
Moonpig’s success is based on writing bespoke software that allows our customers to create uniquely personal products. We were founded on innovation, and it continues to be central to what we do. As our engineering team has expanded we’ve embraced agile ways of working and DevOps practices. We are highly collaborative, working closely with our product and business partners to deliver value to our customers. Our engineering teams are made up of cross-functional, autonomous engineers that are empowered to design, write, test and deploy their own code.
We have a positive working culture that supports learning and a healthy work life balance.
A Day in the Life
Head to our lovely office in SE1’s Metal Box Factory and kick off with the daily stand-up. Once you get coding you’ll be pair programming alongside a team member on one of many parts of our platform which encompasses the complete lifecycle of a card - from design through to printing and packing. As an engineer you will not only be responsible for writing code, you’ll also be designing, testing, deploying and supporting it. You will work in a small tight knit team with a real ability to impact the future of moonpig.
You’ll collaborate with Product, UX, the wider engineering team and business partners to help define and achieve clear goals that best serve our customers.
When you need a screen break you might fancy a game of Table Tennis in our “Games” room, or taking on someone at Foosball.
At lunch time you can join a lunch & learn, one of our regular code kata sessions, or head out for street food at Borough Market and Flat Iron Square. If you need some exercise, take a walk along the Thames, head to one of our local gyms, or sign up for weekly 5-aside football.
At the end of the day you can join one of the social events we put on! With a dedicated CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer), you could be go-karting, playing network games or indulging in cakes and goodies at our monthly birthday drinks.
Who are you?
- A technical expert with a passion for code! As a hands-on contributor in the team, you think about everything from architecture and security to performance.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, and you encourage those around you to do the same
- You understand architecture as a whole and you’re always striving to improve it
- Clean coding matters to you and you implement SOLID principles throughout your code
- You write valuable tests and champion Test Driven Development
- You have experience of building solutions for a high traffic ecommerce website and can confidently design and build a high performing, resilient system
- You are an advocate of pair programming and enjoy collaboration
- You understand Agile Methodologies and work with partners across the business
- You thrive in an autonomous, outcome-driven, customer-centric environment
- You love learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- You like to work in a social and fun environment, and you celebrate success
- Outside of the office, you love learning new development languages and skills and work on interesting personal projects
- Significant experience in .Net C# development in a high transactional platform
- Experience in building high performing RESTful API’s
- Experience with AWS cloud platforms
- Experience with SQL Server or NoSQL Databases
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Amazing communication and written skills.
- The ability to mentor team members
- A sense of humour
Bonus if you have:
- An open sourced project that you created or are contributing to
- An awesome reputation on Stack Overflow!
- Have experience migrating a monolith to a microservice architecture
- Experience with service bus architecture
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Interest in machine learning
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we can’t wait to make the move
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- Discresionary Bonus
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £10000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand) - £350 to spend on Moonpig products
Applicants must have right to work in EU (we will not provide visa sponsorship)