Buying Admin Assistant - Moonpig
Manage the Gifts Team Critical Path
● Own & drive team critical path & product development & set up processes.
● Manage the product set up process for the team & ensure new products are launched to plan.
● Track & report on progress of each stage, lead weekly team huddles to discuss the week’s priorities.
● Ensure new product set up forms & account forms are submitted on time.
● Collaborate with Supply Chain & Shipping to ensure process remains on track.
● Collate product information from suppliers such as ingredients, warnings, dimensions.
● Work with Creative team to brief in new product copy & new website photography in line with new product launches.
● Attend product photography shoots.
● Manage the online product set up process, creating of new sku’s, uploading of imagery & copy & product facet tagging.
● Creating promotions for relevant seasons & brands & new product groups.
● Checking content online to ensure it is correct & correctly formatted before publishing.
● Communicate with key stake holders when products are published/sold out.
● Continue to monitor content & update where applicable i.e change if season or if the product has been updated.
● Implement any price amends or promotions including adding promotion roundels to images.
● Regularly review & implement improvements to departmental processes.
● Helping team prepare for Range Sign off & any Business show & tell meetings.
● Manage regular intake of samples, ensuring they are unpacked & passed on to the relevant product owner.
● Ensure samples are displayed in relevant areas & that displays are kept up to date.
● Manage sample storage & ensure space is being utilised & any unrequired samples are removed.
● Collate samples for Product owner for range development & sign off meetings.
● Manage sample submission to PBX Supply & 3rd Party suppliers for Transit testing & fulfilment costing in line with CP deadlines.
● Manage sample submission for product & lifestyle photoshoots.
● Assist at Photoshoots.
● Work with PR & Social team to collate samples for PR& social activity.
● Ensure Non-Personalised Gift Pages & promotions are updated & refreshed on a regular basis.
● Work with Product owner to ensure that pages are updated regularly to reflect current season & sales trends. Also ensure any lines which are not performing to plan are re merchandised or re priced/promoted.
● Work with Content Manager to ensure product page promotions are ranked in the correct order & updated per season.
Marketing & PR Support
● Lead contact for Marketing, PR & Social teams.
● Work with key stake holders in PR & Marketing on planned campaigns, recommending suitable products & continue to update Buying Team.
● Support PR & Marketing with collating of product samples.
● Regularly monitor competitor activity & product offer online & instore.
● Feedback to Commercial team any key findings.
● Update & circulate weekly summary of competitor activity to the team.
● Highlight key trends & areas of opportunity currently not offered by Moonpig.
● Highlight any promotional or marketing activity to commercial & marketing teams.
● Collate competitor images & snapshots of product pages & marketing images.
● Support team with collating Monday weekly trading reports.
● Collate weekly best sellers report & circulate to the business.
● Attend team & company weekly trading meetings.
● Support Merchandising Assistant with the management of Non-Personalised gifts stock & onsite sell outs. Provide cover when they are not in the office & at peak trading periods.
- PC literate - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- An understanding of retail trends and knowledge of the gift market
- Positive role model and supportive of team and peers
- Confident communicator
- Team player
- Demonstrates passion for Product
- Effective time management
- Previous experience working in Retail and / or as a Buying Admin Assistant is desirable
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
● Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we can’t wait to make the move
● Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
● We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
● Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
● All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
● 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
● BUPA Private Medical Insurance
● Contributory pension scheme
● Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
● Eye Care Vouchers
● Interest free travel loan
● Cycle2Work scheme
● Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
We’re all about making people’s days brilliant. That’s what gets us out of bed in the morning. Helping our customers wow that special someone with our wide range of top quality, thoughtful and personalised gifts, cards and flowers.
We’ve been on the scene since 2000 and have made over 100 million Moonpig moments for our customers here in the UK and as far afield as the US and Australia.
We started with cards and have kept on adding new ways to make a Moonpig moment since then, whether through our ever-expanding gift range or becoming a top three UK online flower seller for all the big occasions.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.