Work with us
It takes a particular kind of spirit to work in the PhotoBox group. It’s not for everyone. For a start, we’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We thrive on each other’s passion for delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We look for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and wow customers.
We can be chaotic in our methods and while this is something we’re getting better at, the reality is when you join us, you won’t necessarily have clear structures and processes to guide you. We need people who can carve their own path and even work with others to show us the way. If you see this as the freedom to fly, read on.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues, and everyone is welcome.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, but who are up for doing things differently as well. In return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands, because we do everything. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently. And enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t have to take ourselves too seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and execute the Group shipping strategy across all markets
- Drive delivery as a commercial stream of revenues and margin
- Own the shipping P&L and drive margin improvement through cost management and revenue optimisation (in partnership with commercial team)
- Run and optimise the Photobox Group shipping budget (£40m+ p.a.)
- Enable and control invoice reconciliation across all 5 brands, 30 carriers, 25 locations
- Maintain strong relationships and negotiate best in class contracts with our logistics partners
- Direct the operation of the shipping activity with responsibility for customer and carrier metrics
- Boost the Net Promotor Score by continuously improving the Customer Experience on Delivery (online journey, tracking, leadtimes)
- Further extend the implementation of the Photobox Group Carrier Management Platform, dealing with 3rd party software providers
- Design and implement a decision engine which carries out optimal shipping rules based on the mix of shipping time, cost and quality of service
- In collaboration with the local logistics teams, provide support for the dispatch of finished products from all production sites (owned or outsourced)
- Monitor WISMO, TrustPilot, NPS surveys, Carriers’ quality of service by factory, carrier, destination, product line
- Partner with commercial team to define customer facing delivery solutions and make delivery a contributing factor to commercial success
- Manage a multicultural team of professionals in several sites / countries in charge of linehaul, delivery, quality issues, contract negotiation, tender management and projects
- Work with the Production team: Factory Directors, Outsourcing Director / Finance team: FP&A Managers / IT team: IT-Prod & Web Managers / Commercial teams: Category & Marketing Directors / Customer Service Team / HR Team
- Be on top of the latest trends and technologies related to E-commerce delivery
- Ensure our carriers are fully compliant on GDPR
- A fantastic people manager and a natural at communicating with partners and colleagues at all levels
- You have the ability to effectively lead multiple projects to fixed deadlines
- You are eager to learn and experiment and not afraid to fail
- Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution are your second nature
- People describe you as a self-starter, organised and highly motivated
- You would be happy to travel (to our factories, carriers – all Europe) every other week or so
- You're mega passionate about Logistics
Skills and Experience
- Validated experience driving innovation and results in a Director role
- Strong track record in B2C shipping (high volume retail preferred), ideally in an E-commerce environment
- Demonstrates strong experience in handling logistical procurement operations
- Strong stakeholder management capability including proven influencing skills and very capable at working all levels and disciplines
- Excellent negotiation skills to ensure not only that the best deals are obtained but that they are fully implemented and are continuously improved and evolved
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting
- International / European experience aligned to our business model
- Commercially savvy, functioning well in a rapid-growth business which is constantly changing
- Ability to speak a second language e.g. French / German
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- This role will be based between Herbal House and our UK factory in Harlesden (North West London) where all the magic happens.
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Iterest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Photobox Group
Did you know we’re Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products? Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann, Greetz and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.