The Role- Node Engineer
Company - Photobox
Location - London
The Photobox mobile apps team have recently completed their first steps in creating a brand new experience for our customers. We are now embarking on our next adventure: shaking up photo apps on Android! Underpinning all of this we have a suite of backend services that support our apps. They are are the secret source of our ability to support multiple platforms.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be our resident authority on backend services, with a love for the platform and the ability to lead the way in shaping a new app for our customers.
- Build and regularly ship backend services that support our native apps in a mission-driven environment where teams are free to make their own decisions.
- Work within a close-knit, cross-functional team, and be keen to get involved with UI / UX Design, mobile development, backend development, product management, marketing or customer support.
- Be ready to eat great street food and share super interesting facts about the world when it’s your turn at our daily stand-ups.
You will be working in a relaxed, social environment with a team who are excited to embrace challenges, conventional or otherwise. The team love learning new things and sharing what they are doing, so if this describes you and you’re ready to try your hand at something different, get in touch!
What will I be doing?
- Steering the direction of our backend services, adopting and advocating best practices in a serverless project.
- Owning your tasks from refinement to delivery.
- Coaching other team members into confident backend engineers.
- Technical implementation
- Android native user experience
- Comfortable using Git and Github
- Experience retrieving and sending data to remote systems
- Automating the build and release process
- Scrum / Kanban experience
- Working with event-driven systems
- iOS development
- Android development
A taste of what to expect as part of the team:
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- Degreed, our training and learning platform
- Clear and structured career growth/Framework
- Choice of laptop (Windows or Mac)
- Supportive of adhoc flexi working and working from home
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays + 1 day extra for each year of service up to 30 days)
- Private Medical Insurance & Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care & Employee Assistance Program
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan & Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme
Since Photobox was founded in 2000 we've worked obsessively to simplify the printing and personalising of digital photos online. From humble origins (a first day's sale of just £2.70 - albeit to a customer we're proud to still serve today) Photobox has grown to become the European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year in over ten markets.
Whether it's personalised canvases, calendars, mugs, jigsaws, phone covers, or our classic photo books, Photobox has a wide range of products perfect for every occasion.
We understand special moments deserved to be cherished that's why we treat every order as if it's our own. From births to birthdays, holidays to honeymoons, Christmas to Valentine's Day and everything in between, our teams focus on the delivery of a brilliant end to end experience from the digital journey through to high quality products arriving into our customers hands.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.