Data Scientist - Marketing Effectiveness - Moonpig
Dedicated to our Moonpig business you will be part of a brand-new analytics team covering marketing, commercial, customer and site centric digital product analytics.
Your role specifically focuses on digital marketing and customer insights, and you will have complete access to Moonpig’s data sets, you will use this and a multitude of techniques to understand, test, analyse, predict, report, and visualise insights to help the business evolve and optimise.
You will be the ‘go to’ person for all media planning and marketing insights and you will collaborate and work very closely with your stakeholders to support, inspire, test and drive the marketing initiatives. You will be working as part of the agile, lean, growth marketing team.
You will utilise the power of our media, marketing, customer, and product data with statistical and programming tools like SQL, R or Python to provide insights that unlock growth. You will help the marketing teams (and other teams) understand customers, set up testing, analyse results and improve marketing efficiencies.
You will need to be super smart, throve in a fun, vibrant and fast paced workplace and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues in the commercial, marketing and analytics teams. The role reports into the Head of Analytics. Based in in London.
- Provide data-driven insight to support the decision making for the Marketing & Customer teams
- Set up and automate marketing effectiveness reporting and visualisation, across market, traffic, and channel efficiencies
- Develop segmentations, models, algorithms to help the business understand our customers and make our campaigns more efficient. This is everything from Attribution modelling, customer lifetime value, customer and campaign segmentation, testing strategy etc.
- Develop media mix models to understand and optimise our media spend across on and off-line media, especially TV
- Recommend and set up tests to optimise our digital acquisition targeting – whether programmatic, paid social or across the customer lifecycle journey (CRM)
- Help the marketing team to understand our customers, their value, behaviours and segments
- Carry out customer segmentations such as RFV, or clustering of demographic, product or site behaviours
- Analyse campaign performance and provide suggestions to improve and grow the business
- Integrate new data sources and build predictive models to optimise channel efficiency
- Challenge and improve existing processes and metrics
- Gathering and analysing data from different source: e.g.: data extraction, data transformation, data manipulation
- Conduct complex queries on our data warehouse to prove/disprove hypotheses about the business initiatives, creative, campaigns, customer behaviour, etc.
- Review and interpret automated reporting, giving insight to rest of the team
- Define, lead and own projects, both analytical and technical
- Define new reports required; working with reporting team to automate them
- Identify new data sources and technology needed to keep ahead of the market
- Work collaboratively with other business unit to develop common approach and share learnings and insight
- Mentoring and developing of other data scientist and analysts within the team
- Workshop, present and collaborate with all levels of the business including c-suite
- Opportunity to be define and expand the team, and take on more leadership within data science
Who you are:
- Highly analytical with exceptional commercial acumen and good attention to detail
- Resourceful and independent - can work to deadlines/standards without supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Great interpersonal skills and cultural fit
What you will bring – essential skills and experience:
● 5yrs+ in analytical role such as marketing, customer or commercial analyst
● Excellent SQL and Excel skills
● Experience of statistical or data science coding tools, preferably R or Python
● Knowledge of the customer lifecycle, campaign measurement and analytics, and customer
targeting and (product/customer) segmentation
● Knowledge of marketing channels and analysis (CRM, Search, Display, Affiliates…)
● Good understanding of digital, retail and e-commerce data analytics
● Good understanding of agile, lean environment with experience of running A/B tests
● Experience of Tableau or similar visualisation tool
● Previously worked with a large customer database
● Able to work on several projects at the same time and prioritize effectively
● Able to work efficiently and deliver projects quickly
● Good written and verbal communication skills
● Good general business acumen (preferable experience in data-rich organizations)
● Ability to build strong working relationships with peers locally and internationally
● Creative, proactive and eager to learn about Moonpig and our customers
● Preferable knowledge of the broader marketing and analytics concepts of