Head of Application Security
Role - Head of Application Security
Location - London, Paris, Valencia or Munich
We don’t sell ‘off the shelf’ products … we’re personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of- a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level, in return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently.
PhotoBox Group Security is a trusted, high energy, empowered and proactive team. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, apply your security knowledge, learn a lot, be part of a highly productive team, and are able to work collaboratively with all parts of the business, this is the place for you.
We have a great culture, with a very horizontal structure. We expect you to be knowledgeable, trustworthy, empowered, friendly, focused and responsible.
Our mission is to secure the magic moments created by our customers, across all our brands. Our operating principles define what we focus on and how we make decisions. We hold ourselves accountable against these principles.
As the Head of AppSec you will work alongside the Group Security management team and ensure that any software developed by our engineers meets our overall security standards and protects our customer’s data. You will lead all AppSec activities and be the driving force behind activities such as threat modelling, security automation in our continuous integration pipeline, code reviews, security standards and our Security Champions network
What you'll do?
- Work with many functional teams you will ensure that PhotoBox Group’s applications stay at the highest security level
- Support development teams to carry out application security reviews
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to software and platform engineering on risk assessment, threat modelling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Lead app security projects to ensure timely completion of efforts
- Drive security into engineering’s systems development life cycle to ensure that security is built in and considered
- Support security policies and procedures
- Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies
- Collaborate with engineering, testing, and operations groups
Who you are you?
- Strong development background in application engineering/architecture
- Great stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Developer training and curriculum development
- Ability to fix code and work directly with developer
- Have a deep understanding and hands on experience of secure software development practices including threat modelling, secure design principles, secure coding, code analysis, security testing and AppSec automation etc
- OWASP, SAST, DAST, IAST, WAF, AWS
- TDD, BDD, DSLs, AST, REPL,
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
Our awesome new home in Clerkenwell - Herbal House - is a real ‘wow’ moment. It reflects our drive and ambition to make even more moments real for our customers; With loads of natural light, spaces to collaborate that support our ways of working plus great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we’re proud to call it home Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme
Since Photobox was founded in 2000 we've worked obsessively to simplify the printing and personalising of digital photos online. From humble origins (a first day's sale of just £2.70 - albeit to a customer we're proud to still serve today) Photobox has grown to become the European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year in over ten markets.
Whether it's personalised canvases, calendars, mugs, jigsaws, phone covers, or our classic photo books, Photobox has a wide range of products perfect for every occasion.
We understand special moments deserved to be cherished that's why we treat every order as if it's our own. From births to birthdays, holidays to honeymoons, Christmas to Valentine's Day and everything in between, our teams focus on the delivery of a brilliant end to end experience from the digital journey through to high quality products arriving into our customers hands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.