Work with us
It takes a particular kind of spirit to work in the PhotoBox group. It’s not for everyone. For a start, we’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We thrive on each other’s passion for delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We look for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and wow customers.
We can be chaotic in our methods and while this is something we’re getting better at, the reality is when you join us, you won’t necessarily have clear structures and processes to guide you. We need people who can carve their own path and even work with others to show us the way. If you see this as the freedom to fly, read on.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues, and everyone is welcome.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, but who are up for doing things differently as well. In return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands, because we do everything. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently
What is the Role?
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring code quality by participating in code reviews, following existing coding standards and always thinking of possible improvements or simplifications we could make.
- Taking end-to-end ownership over your tasks, from ticket refinement to delivery in production and aftercare.
- Working in a cross-geography delivery team utilising software development practices, such as; Scrum, collaborative code ownership, unit testing, GIT workflow, and continuous deployment.
What experience do I definitely need?
- Experience fetching data from a service endpoint
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
What tech experience would put me well on my way toward being an ideal candidate?
- Experience in frontend development using: React (Functional + CSS Modules), Redux, SASS/CSS3+, HTML5+
- Experience in backend development using: NodeJS (ES2015+ Services), Koa, Lodash, NoSQL Databases
- Experience with NodeJS task-runners and tooling: WebPack, Yarn, NPM, Babel
- Experience with test platforms and tools: Jest, Enzyme
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience coaching junior members and playing a senior role
What tech experience would earn me a plus?
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience creating JS micro-services in NodeJS environment
- Experience working on high-volume sites
- Experience with improving site performance
- Experience creating in-web photo editing tools and features
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes and Kibana
- Communicative and social – We’re a friendly bunch and great communication is the key to our success
- Continual improvement – Learning and improving. That’s what it’s all about.
- Collaborative and helpful – We go much further when we help each other improve whenever and however we can.
- Delivery Focused – We’re obsessive in our pursuit for the best customer experience, but a timely delivery is essential.
- Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!
- Our awesome new home in Clerkenwell - Herbal House - is a real ‘wow’ moment. It reflects our drive and ambition to make even more moments real for our customers; With loads of natural light, spaces to collaborate that support our ways of working plus great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we’re proud to call it home
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme