AWS Solutions Architect
Role - AWS Solutions Architect
Company - Photobox
Location - London Farrigdon
What will you be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Photobox Architecture team in London, as the ÅWS Solutions Architect you will be working with amazing people across all technology teams within the group you will be ensuring that we continue to do the right things technologically and that we do them in the right way when it comes to how we make the best use of AWS.
Photobox manufactures 70% of the products it sells across 5 factories in Europe. Supporting these factories is bespoke software that takes orders from the eCommerce systems manages the printing process, including rendering of PDFs, order routing, batching of orders, order tracking and shipping. All these run in AWS.
As the AWS Solutions Architect you will be accountable for enabling our product engineering, technical operations and security teams to make the most effective and efficient use of AWS. This will include bringing best practice for use of AWS technologies and building plans with them on how to improve our overall AWS estate.
You will be the center of excellence for AWS within Photobox staying up-to-date with the latest AWS technology offering and thinking through how this can be best be used to enable the teams achieve their goals.
You will be accountable for continuously optimising our AWS spending and so will need a deep understanding of AWS Billing and a passion for driving down costs using different techniques from simple methods, like turning off underutilised services, to reservations through to the use of Spot Instances as well as redesigning our software to make more cost optimised use of AWS services.
Whilst the overall architecture and software design for a teams services is their responsibility you will be attending product reviews, product engineering team refinement and planning sessions to understand what teams are working on and helping them think through how to make the best decisions, from a feature and cost perspective, on which AWS services and technologies to use to solve their needs.
You will be responsible for keeping the Tech Leadership and other key stakeholders informed on all aspects of AWS, including cost utilisation, solutions to security vulnerabilities and projects you are working on with the other teams to make better use of AWS technology.
What experience do you have?
- You will be someone who keeps up-to-date on the AWS technology stack, understanding their new offerings and products and be passionate about how these technologies and features can be utilised;
- You will be considered the center of excellence for AWS technology within your current organisation and will bring that same breadth of knowledge and experience to the Photobox tech teams. In particular the AWS technologies we use or are actively looking to use, are: Multiple Accounts and AWS Organisations,, VPCs, IAM, NCLs, WAF, Shield, S3, EC2, ALBs/ELBs, Aurora, Cloudfront, API Gateway, AppSync, Lambda, Lambda Edge, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, DynamoDB, Cognito, Pinpoint.
- You will have a deep understanding and demonstrable experience of:
- AWS Billing and a passion for driving down costs using simple methods like turning off underutilised services, to reservations through to the use of Spot Instances to make the best use of our spend
- Designing large scale cloud and infrastructure automation and configuration tools (e.g. Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform)
- Telemetry, monitoring & logging of large scale platforms tools such as Cloudwatch, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana (ELK Stack), Prometheus, AppDynamics and NewRelic;
- You will have a good appreciation of how to secure AWS services and
- You will have great communication skills with the ability to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders;
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- Degreed, our training and learning platform
- Clear and structured career growth/Framework
- Choice of laptop (Windows or Mac)
- Supportive of adhoc flexi working and working from home
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays + 1 day extra for each year of service up to 30 days)
- Private Medical Insurance & Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care & Employee Assistance Program
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan & Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme
Since Photobox was founded in 2000 we've worked obsessively to simplify the printing and personalising of digital photos online. From humble origins (a first day's sale of just £2.70 - albeit to a customer we're proud to still serve today) Photobox has grown to become the European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year in over ten markets.
Whether it's personalised canvases, calendars, mugs, jigsaws, phone covers, or our classic photo books, Photobox has a wide range of products perfect for every occasion.
We understand special moments deserve to be cherished that's why we treat every order as if it's our own. From births to birthdays, holidays to honeymoons, Christmas to Valentine's Day and everything in between, our teams focus on the delivery of a brilliant end to end experience from the digital journey through to high quality products arriving into our customers hands.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.