Associate Engineer - Android (London)
Moonpig is an iconic British brand, but we always think bigger. The next 3-5 years will be spent realising Moonpig's ambition to become your personal gifting assistant and you could join us on this amazing journey. Our great team and culture create the perfect environment for you to start your development career; we’re a tech-first company and quality is at the heart of everything we do.
What you can expect as an Associate Engineer
- To be part of a cross-functional team implementing new features and building moments of delight for users through beautiful user interfaces.
- To help us deliver new features and improvements to our users through iterative development practises and continuous delivery.
- To build upon an advanced Android app that utilises MVI, Rx, Kotlin and Clean Architecture (no prior knowledge of these techniques, tools or languages is expected nor required for this role).
- To be challenged to learn new skills and techniques.
- To work in a fun and social environment!
What we expect of you as an Associate Engineer
We recognise that this is the start of your career and we don’t expect you to have years of industry knowledge or experience. We will support you throughout this growth and ensure that you are set up to learn everything you need to. All we need from you is:
- Passion. You care deeply about building the right product, in the right way for users.
- A firm grounding in technology. Whilst we don’t expect you to have years of industry experience, we do expect you to be able to code and have a grasp of key programming concepts, such as object-oriented programming, unit testing and why testing matters.
- A growth mindset. You challenge yourself to learn new things, to understand where your strengths and weaknesses are and to reach out to others when necessary to learn from their experiences. You understand that learning never ends.
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You communicate the status of your work clearly and effectively and actively contribute in scoping sessions, working with peers to define the best implementation, gaining knowledge and experience in the process.
Bonus if you have:
- Commercial Kotlin, Rx, MVI or Clean Architecture experience.
- E-commerce experience.
- A side project that you care about or contributions to open source software.
- Kotlin, Rx, MVI and Clean Architecture.
- Cross-functional teams.
- Extreme programming techniques, such as TDD, CI and pair programming.
- Agile (Kanban).
Want to hear more about Moonpig and our benefits? Take a look at our dedicated hiring site https://hiring.moonpig.io/