Merchandising Assistant - Moonpig
Moonpig is the world’s largest online personalised greeting card retailer. Founded in 2000, we now have over six million active customers and ship over 17 million cards per year. We’re one of the UK’s largest online retailers of plants and flowers with our Mother’s Day period gaining the top position within the UK market. How are we achieving this?
We believe that love is the greatest untapped natural resource, and that the caring instinct is the best way to tap into love. But capturing an emotion is a challenge for most of us. That’s where Moonpig steps in to help people turn those feelings into tangible, meaningful, lovely actions. We are doing our small part to create a world where caring flows from person to person, making moments meaningful and making the world a little brighter.
What You’ll Be Doing?
Team mission: To ensure that stock is optimised at all times
Role Focus: Inventory Management, Inventory Stock Control and reconciliation, material requirement planning, purchase order management, supporting the forecasting process.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage relationship between 3PL, Supply Chain, Customer Service & Commercial
- Co-ordinate New Supplier/Product Introduction across multiple teams
- Review and make recommendations for discontinued/obsolete stock and managing monthly write-off value
- Create and maintain SOP documentation for key Supply Chain processes
- Implement supply agreements with key suppliers for core product areas
- Place and adjust stock orders with a range of suppliers on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Validate delivery plans with other team members.
- Identify any constraints/risks to supply and make recommendations on solutions.
- Provide support in solving Supply Chain issues that include, but are not limited to stock shortages, delivery delays, quality faults, excess inventory and over performance of sales vs forecast.
- Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships.
- Take ownership of analysis and adjusting Moonpig product forecasts in line with sales trends, inventory levels and purchasing plans
- Maintain a working relationship with Production and other internal departments to deliver the most efficient customer care and service.
What skills you will need to be successful in this role
- The ideal candidate will be from an FMCG/Manufacturing/e-commerce environment. You will be highly proficient in excel and be used to managing and maintaining large number of SKUs.
- You must have a sound understanding of the principles of forecasting and inventory planning and be able to assist in the generation of forecast models based on historical data.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Good communication & presentation Skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- A creative approach to day to day challenges and a strong sense of ambition to solving issues and achieving targets.
- Able to work both as part of a team as well as independently.
- You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy the challenges of a fast-moving environment and can focus on customer needs and business targeted metrics
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Great interpersonal skills
Nice to haves?
- Previous experience in merchandising within the head office environment
- Sociable personality
- Good time management
- Extensive Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team.
- Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental plan
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Generous credit to spend on our products
- Referral scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.