BI (Business Intelligence) Developer- Looker
The Role - BI (Business Intelligence) Developer - Looker
Company - Photobox
Location - Farringdon, London
Work with us
Data lies at the heart of everything we do at Photobox. Photobox generates and consumes a massive amount of data from our customers to our production and business activities. This data comes from multiple sources and provides us with indicators to improve the customer experience and our business results.
The BI team plays a supporting role by providing reports, dashboards, and creating indicators that help our different departments better manage their work.
The team includes 6 people currently working in Paris and London.
Your role within the department will include:
- Developing automated reports for all group brands and functions (Sales, Finance, Marketing, CRM, Production, Customer Service, etc.)
- Working with Product Owners to manage requirements on projects that involve you
- Coming up with new solutions (such as visuals and indicators) for different stakeholders as well as new reporting solutions
- Ensuring that all reports in the current environment are utilised and adding value
- Maintaining the applications currently in use
- Helping to provide support for questions and concerns from different users
- Helping to train various users
- Proposing new solutions for reducing the lead time for team projects
- Coming up with new technical solutions that can be implemented to monitor the team’s activity or meet business requirements
- Ensuring that the architecture currently in place works perfectly
- Monitoring technological developments
- Collaborating closely with the production, marketing, and sales teams based in Paris and London
What experience do you have?
- You have 2 or more years of experience and are quite comfortable with SQL
- You have expertise the BI tool Looker
- You know the ins and outs of databases (Redshift, Athena, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- You are fluent in written and spoke English
What additional experience would we love to see?
- Experince in building derived tables (Data modeling)
- You have already worked with Python
- You have experience with a web tracking tool: Google Analytics, Big Query, AB Tasty
- You have some experience in statistics and have already worked on predictive models
- Previous experience with Kibana, JS, PHP, and HTML
- You are a detail-oriented, thorough person with a logical mindset.
- You have a strong analytical capability and are intellectually curious.
- You can work autonomously and have a background in web culture and decision-making.
- You are motivated to develop your skills on the various tools you will need to work with.
- You are open-minded and have a positive attitude.
- You feel comfortable speaking in public and can easily transmit your ideas and solutions to other people
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme
Since Photobox was founded in 2000 we've worked obsessively to simplify the printing and personalising of digital photos online. From humble origins (a first day's sale of just £2.70 - albeit to a customer we're proud to still serve today) Photobox has grown to become the European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year in over ten markets.
Whether it's personalised canvases, calendars, mugs, jigsaws, phone covers, or our classic photo books, Photobox has a wide range of products perfect for every occasion.
We understand special moments deserved to be cherished that's why we treat every order as if it's our own. From births to birthdays, holidays to honeymoons, Christmas to Valentine's Day and everything in between, our teams focus on the delivery of a brilliant end to end experience from the digital journey through to high quality products arriving into our customers hands.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Photobox