Are you just as energized and passionate about technology and software development as we are? And are you, as a frontend developer, enthousiastic about our vision, way of working and world-conquering goals? Come and meet us!
The position: Improving, extending and innovating our platform
As frontend developer you’ll work with a team of top-notch developers, product owners and business stakeholders translating business requirements into tangible software solutions within the e-commerce platform and related systems. You’ll work in one of our five squads together with developers from Greetz and our near-shoring partner (25 developers), where quality stability and innovation are high on our agenda. Together with the team you are responsible fort he architecture of the Greetz platform and so you will be working on implementing new features as well as extending existing features. You’ll work together with the team (as chapter lead) to continually raise the bar in software development procedures. We have a “flat” organizational structure with short communication lines. At Greetz you’ll find a professional but familial atmosphere and a no-nonsense mentality. The main landuage in the company is Dutch, but our development teams operate mostly in English. Our office has an open floor plan so that we can quickly get a hold of someone we need.
Greetz is one of the most ambitious and innovative e-commerce companies in The Netherlands and has become a well-known contender in the e-commerce business. On a daily basis we bring joy to more than 20.000 products that we make. Not only the online platform, but also the tangible, self-produced gifts that we fabricate in our own production facilities are an important ingredient to success.
At Greetz we work with full stack squads on the various aspects of the e-commerce platform. In each squad the right competences are present to ensure teams can deliver functionality from A-Z, such as knowledge on our Java-based backend, the AngularJS-based frontend and QA (automation). These squads develop software for a wide spectrum of devices and are closely involved in the product development lifecycle of new digital and physical products. Within the frontend chapter AngularJS is widely used, as well as TypeScript and React, all communicating with our stateless Java API through REST. The frontend platform is setup according to the latest industry standards, has been designed to run fully in Docker and is rolled out to the various environments continuous integration & continuous delivery through Atlassian Bamboo. For version control we rely on GitHub and depending on the project either work with GitFlow or Feature branch workflow. In the upcoming years we have numerous interesting challenges such as improving performance of the online platfiorm, introduction of new (personalized) products and various new e-commerce features such as the implementation of a merchandising tool.
- We expect that you are as passionate and energized by technology and software development as we are.
- Knowledge of browser engines (such as rendering, reflow, repaint) and technologies (such as WebGL and Canvas) is a pré;
- You have experience working in a Scrum-oriented work environment;
- You stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your area of expertise through conferences, (online) literature, etc.
- You have experience designing and building middle- to large scale, maintainable and modular software platforms;
- You get satisfaction from improving yourself and your team through transparent feedback, code reviews and qualitative measurements;
- You have experience with the full lifecycle of a software product; from user story grooming to delivering working software in a continuous delivery environment;
- You speak and write fluent English and you’re open towards working in a geographically distributed team (with external colleagues).
- A fun, challenging role in a team with like-minded colleagues for a minimum of 32 hours;
- Excellent secondary benefits such as pension, mobile phone compensation, traveling expenses and various insurances;
- 26 vacation days (although we think you won’t want to miss us...)