What will I be doing?
- Ensuring code quality by participating in code reviews, following existing coding standards and always thinking of possible improvements or simplifications we could make.
- Taking end-to-end ownership over your tasks, from ticket refinement to delivery in production and aftercare.
- Working in a cross-geography delivery team utilising software development practices, such as; Agile, collaborative code ownership, unit testing and continuous deployment.
What experience do I definitely need?
- Experience fetching data from a service
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
What tech experience would put me well on my way toward being an ideal candidate?
- Experience in frontend development using: React (Functional + CSS Modules), Redux, SASS/CSS3+, HTML5+
- Experience in backend development using: NodeJS with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with NodeJS task-runners and tooling: WebPack, Yarn, NPM, Babel
- Experience with test platforms and tools: Jest, Enzyme
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience coaching junior members and playing a senior role
What tech experience would earn me a plus?
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience creating JS micro-services in NodeJS environment
- Experience working on high-volume sites
- Experience with improving site performance
- Experience creating in-web photo editing tools and features
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes and Kibana
- Experience with AWS
- Communicative and social – We’re a friendly bunch and great communication is the key to our success
- Continual improvement – Learning and improving. That’s what it’s all about.
- Collaborative and helpful – We go much further when we help each other improve whenever and however we can.
- Delivery Focused – We’re obsessive in our pursuit for the best customer experience, but a timely delivery is essential.
- Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!
Since Photobox was founded in 2000 we've worked obsessively to simplify the printing and personalising of digital photos online. From humble origins (a first day's sale of just £2.70 - albeit to a customer we're proud to still serve today) Photobox has grown to become the European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year in over ten markets.
Whether it's personalised canvases, calendars, mugs, jigsaws, phone covers, or our classic photo books, Photobox has a wide range of products perfect for every occasion.
We understand special moments deserved to be cherished that's why we treat every order as if it's our own. From births to birthdays, holidays to honeymoons, Christmas to Valentine's Day and everything in between, our teams focus on the delivery of a brilliant end to end experience from the digital journey through to high quality products arriving into our customers hands.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Our awesome new home in Clerkenwell - Herbal House - is a real ‘wow’ moment. It reflects our drive and ambition to make even more moments real for our customers; With loads of natural light, spaces to collaborate that support our ways of working plus great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we’re proud to call it home
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- Degreed, our training and learning platform
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme