iOS Engineer - Photobox
Unfortunately we are unable to accept your application if you require visa sponsorship, sorry.
Who are we?
AppFactory is a group of 30+ passionate app Designers, Engineers Product Managers and Testers that deliver features for new and existing apps on iOS and Android platforms for the PhotoBox Group family of brands including Moonpig, PhotoBox, Sticky9 and posterXXL.
In 2014, we brought the Moonpig.com, Sticky9 and PhotoBox apps in-house and we haven’t looked back. Today, we are embarking on further expansion to deliver apps as part of the group’s ambitious development roadmap in which mobile is a key component.
We are here to help people do more with their photos. Our goal is to make 20 million brilliant moments by 2020, and we’re looking for creative, collaborative people to help us build brilliant custom software to make that happen.
Within the Photobox apps teams we believe that mobile apps are a powerful tool in helping people get prints of their photos. You just have to look around you to see how many people are now using their phones as their primary camera for everything from those loud nights out to important family events.
We are passionate about keeping up to date with the latest software development techniques and are supported by the business in how we do that. We're looking for someone who wants to learn with us and is able to share what they learn.
Head to our lovely office in SE1’s Metal Box Factory and kick off with the daily stand-up. Once you get coding you’ll be pair programming on our Swift/Objective-C hybrid code base which encompasses the complete lifecycle of a personalised gift - from design through to printing and packing. As well as writing code, you’ll be working with the rest of your team, helping design, test and deploy our application.
You’ll collaborate with Product, UX, and the rest of the engineering team to help define and achieve clear goals that best serve our customers.
- ...love mobile technology and believe it can brighten anyone's day.
- ...are passionate about your craft and not afraid to share it.
- ...learn by doing, and are not afraid to try something different.
- ...thrive in an autonomous environment, setting goals for your code and yourself and showing how those goals are met (or exceeded!).
What skills you'll need to succeed
- You're a proficient Swift coder who can dig into Objective-C when needed.
- You can prove your code is correct using appropriate tests.
- Can code in a collaborative environment.
- You can work with Git (but don't worry if you can't, we'll help you learn).
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we can’t wait to make the move
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £5000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)