Work with us
It takes a particular kind of spirit to work in the PhotoBox group. It’s not for everyone. For a start, we’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We thrive on each other’s passion for delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo.
We look for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and wow customers.
We can be chaotic in our methods and while this is something we’re getting better at, the reality is when you join us, you won’t necessarily have clear structures and processes to guide you. We need people who can carve their own path and even work with others to show us the way. If you see this as the freedom to fly, read on.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues, and everyone is welcome.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, but who are up for doing things differently as well. In return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands, because we do everything. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently. And enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t have to take ourselves too seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing
This could be an ideal move for someone with business as usual payroll experience that is looking to move into something a little more specialised. Whilst working as part of the employee experience team and supporting day to day payroll operations (1 inhouse payroll and 2 fully managed), this position has more of a focus on the continued improvement of Payroll Process and Systems whilst also having a major focus on Data Reporting and Analytics within a Payroll capacity and gathering requirements to migrate from multiply payroll systems to one new payroll system.
You will ideally have previous experience gained within a payroll capacity, however key to this position is advanced MS Excel Abilities to include Pivots, Look Ups, and ideally Macros.
You will join the payroll project team and will make an immediate impact as your expertise and know-how will be called upon. You will be liaising with various stakeholders - internally and externally - to determine business requirements and will process these into technical specifications for the systems. You will also demonstrate your strong knowledge of the Payroll lifecycle, considering all aspects as you develop the perfect solution to match the company's requirements. Your organisational expertise will help you to succeed in this fast-paced yet very rewarding working environment.
- Managed a similar sized payroll with an outsourced provider and has up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation
- Experience creating complex reports from scratch using HRIS software
- Able to analyse and manipulate large volumes of data
- Strong IT and HR System experience, specifically report creation and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent personal organisation and strong administration skills
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Able to articulate complex information, verbally and in writing
- Friendly approach to assist employees with payroll queries
- Cooperating with and respecting team colleagues to deliver business objectives
- Retail industry experience
- Experience of modified payrolls
- Previous experience in an HR Analytics role
- Experience of HRIS implementation/data migration
- Diploma in Payroll and Pensions Management (MIPPDip), or equivalent
Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants, we can’t wait to make the move
● Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
● We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
● Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
● All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new
development tools in 2018
● 25 days' annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
● BUPA Private Medical Insurance
● Contributory pension scheme
● Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
● Eye Care Vouchers
● £10,000 interest free travel loan
● Cycle2Work scheme
● Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)