Data Scientist - Marketing & CRM
It’s an exciting time at Photobox! We have huge amounts of clean data about our customers, and we are currently building a brand new Analytics organisation to make use of it. Our customers are passionate about the products we offer, and our goal is to use analytics to make their journey even better. In this new organisation, Analytics will always have a seat at the table and will be intimately involved in key strategic decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to achieve great results, to drive strategy, to grow, and to help others grow. You’ll achieve great results by partnering closely with Marketing leads and contributors, helping them to deeply understand their area and to help define and drive their strategy forward. There are also growth opportunities abound, particularly for those passionate about developing skills in others.
Additionally, thanks to our amazing data organisation already in place, you will be able to spend the majority of your time building models and driving results, not just pulling data sets together from multiple disparate sources. This truly is an amazing opportunity to hit the ground running and to have a huge impact.What will you do?
We don’t sell off-the-shelf products. Or careers. Here are some of the key areas for which we have identified a need for someone like you:
- Provide data-driven insight and recommendations which drive commercial value in the Photobox Marketing teams, which includes SEM, SEO, Offline, and other areas
- Develop, implement, and manage campaign attribution models, email subscription / retention models, and other models useful to optimise Marketing and CRM campaigns
- Work with other data scientists to develop metrics to measure long-term customer engagement and loyalty
- Serve as a subject matter expert on marketing experimentation, including experimental design, sampling plans, power calculations, and others
- Drive our “test-and-learn” agenda across the organisation
- Communicating technical results effectively to a variety of audiences, including those with a non-technical background
- Sharing learning and insights across multiple levels and multiple business units
- Spread the use of analytics throughout the marketing organisation
- Translate data into actionable insight: eg: drawing actionable insights and explaining in a tailored way to your audience
- Work with BI and Data Engineering teams to define new data sources, deploying models to production, and on other topics
- Mentoring other analytics professionals
Who are you?
You are unique, just like our products, but here are some of the aspects we’re looking for in this role:
- Exceptional skills communicating to a wide variety of audiences
- Highly analytical with exceptional understanding of behavioural insight
- Expert knowledge of marketing optimisation techniques, attribution, metric development, and standard error estimation
- Comfortable working with huge amounts of data from multiple sources
- Strong understanding of online marketing channels (not just how to analyse them)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment amidst uncertainty and with loosely defined requirements
- Adaptable to change
- Capable of quantifying and optimising the entire customer journey
- Substantial experience in a similar marketing-centric data science role
- Ability to apply data science / machine learning to marketing / CRM problems
- Hands on experience with analytical tools and writing SQL
- Hands on experience with analytics packages (Python or R preferred)
- Minimum 2:1 Degree ideally in a numerate discipline
- Good general business acumen (preferable experience in data-rich analysis-driven organizations)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers locally and internationally
- Knowledge of the tools we use (namely Redshift, Optimizely, and Python / R)
- Understanding of online traffic acquisition methods, the interplay between marketing programs and online products, and customer retention / CRM methods in a consumer-led business
What can we offer?
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration is positively encouraged.
- A great working environment based in Southwark, London that is only an 8-minute walk to Southwark and London Bridge underground stations with Waterloo only 15 minutes away.
- A chance to become involved with a great brand with an ambitious roadmap and be part of a culture that encourages innovation
- Team training budget
- 23 days annual leave
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- DenPlan Scheme
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance x4 Salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £5000 Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- PhotoBox account loaded with £70 credit to spend each year
- The South Bank, Borough Market and the Tate Modern on the doorstep.
- Oh…. and we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, Nespresso machines in the kitchens, and monthly birthday cake/beer/soft drinks and a great social scene if you want it.