The Photobox Group Architecture vision is to create a platform of loosely coupled services to allow cross functional teams to concurrently test, learn, build and then iterate towards an amazing customer experience that delivers revenue growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Group Architecture team as the Full Stack Application Architect. Working with amazing people across all technology teams within the group, you will ensure that we continue to do the right things technologically and that we do them in the right way. You will do this by working within our guiding principles of lean product development, agile delivery with CI/CD, microservices with APIs that manage their own data, decoupling using event based technologies, designing for failure and “You build it you run it”.Photobox has an ambitious programme of work to replace its core ecommerce platform and you will hold a central role ensuring the new platform is architected and engineered to the highest standards.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely with engineering teams to choose the right technology and build their technology in the right way. Working with them to design their software to meet the architectural guidelines
- Working cross functionally to ensure non-functional requirements are met; including scalability, resilience, security, performance and operations
- Solving deep technical integration and application challenges within the Photobox platform
- Building prototypes of new architectural components to provide the basis for architectural decisions
- Work with product management to understand requirements; helping guide their thinking on what is technologically feasible
- Attending scrum rituals for ecommerce teams
- Collaborate with your architect colleagues to agree and align how services integrate across the group
- Awareness of the bigger picture, specifically an understanding of the impact a team’s code will have on the live systems under various conditions.
- Passionate about regularly shipping high quality code to drive growth business.
- Expert knowledge of HTTP
- Experience leading other engineers
- Experience with React, Component-based design, Redux and Webpack
- Working in a TDD environment
- Experience with Node.js test frameworks and tools, eg. Jest, Enzyme,
- Architecting large scale web solutions, microservices and with service-oriented architectures
- Experience working with an Agile process e.g. Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience working with ecommerce sites with a high-volume of transactions.
- Experience with Git and GitHub/BitBucket
- Experience with doing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with modern deployment strategies and architectures, eg. containers, serverless
- Experience using feature flagging, A/B testing and analytics
- Experience making data driven design decisions
- Experience and understanding of cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
- Deep understanding of architectural building blocks such as caching, circuit breakers and load-balancing and sharding
- Deep understanding of Event Bus and Service bus technologies and their applications
- Deep understanding of NoSQL and SQL based databases
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience defining CMS workflows
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Java programming languages and concepts.
- Experience with OpenAPI and API design principles
- Ability to analyse data and gain insights from it
- Experience in data-modelling
- Communicative and social – We’re a friendly bunch and great communication is the key to our success.
- Collaborative and conscientious – We realise we go much further when we go together (and that’s why we need you).
- Helpful – As a team, we help each other out whenever and however we can.
- Detail Focused – We’re obsessive in our pursuit of perfection and the best customer experience.
- Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!
- Continual improvement – Learning, learning, learning. That’s what it’s all about.
- Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we can’t wait to make the move
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development to support you throughout your career, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £5000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after 5 years employment
- DenPlan Scheme
- 15% Discretionary Yearly Bonus
- Your choice of Apple, Linux or Windows Laptop